Table of Contents
Winters bring a serene beauty. But with snow comes the tedious task of cleaning. While roofs and driveways often get our attention, garages also need special care during snowy times. If snow accumulates and freezes, it can cause complications for your garage door mechanism. We’re here to provide you some practical tips to ensure that your garage remains accessible and functional all winter long.
Top 5 Garage Snow Removal Tips
- Regular Clearing: Make it a habit to clear snow frequently. The longer it sits, the harder it gets to remove, especially when it starts to freeze.
- Use the Right Tools: Use a plastic shovel instead of a metal one. This ensures that your garage floor isn’t scratched or damaged.
- Salt Wisely: While salt helps in melting snow, it can corrode your garage door parts. Use it judiciously. Make sure to follow up with annual garage door maintenance.
- Seal the Deal: Ensure that the bottom seal of your garage door is in good shape. It prevents water from seeping in. If it looks worn out, consider a garage door weatherstrip replacement.
- Check the Drainage: Ensure that your driveway and garage have a proper drainage system. It helps in preventing water accumulation which can freeze overnight.
Why Choose Us?
When it comes to garage doors, we are the experts. With years of experience and a passion for ensuring customer satisfaction, here’s why we stand out:
- Expertise: Our team possesses profound knowledge about all things garage-related.
- Prompt Service: We understand the importance of a functional garage. We act fast, ensuring you don’t face long downtimes.
- Affordable: High-quality service doesn’t always mean high prices. We offer competitive rates for our top-notch services.
We proudly serve:
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I prevent snow from sticking to my garage door?
Using a silicone-based spray on the outer surface of the garage door can prevent snow from sticking. Additionally, ensure regular maintenance to enhance its smooth operation.
Does snow damage the garage door mechanism?
Excessive snow accumulation, especially when it turns into ice, can strain the garage door mechanism. It’s vital to ensure proper lubrication and cleaning of all parts.
Is it safe to use salt around the garage area?
While salt is effective in melting ice, it can corrode metal parts of your garage door. It’s better to use it in limited quantities and ensure you clean and maintain your garage door afterward.
How do I ensure my garage door operates smoothly during winters?
Regular inspections, lubrication, and tune-ups can ensure that your garage door operates smoothly during winters.
Winter and snow can be a challenge, but with the right tips, your garage door will function seamlessly. Always remember, regular care can save you from unexpected repair costs and hassles. For any garage door related issues, concerns, or maintenance, don’t hesitate to contact us. Your garage’s health is our priority. Let’s keep it clear of snow and working perfectly.